I am a self-taught, driven developer who has been working in web technologies since 1997.
I have worked almost exclusively as a freelancer on projects from simple websites to full service CRM type applications that manage call centres, clients, invoicing, and reporting.
My passion is working on projects where the client has a business idea and I can help them bring it to life with technology.
I have a solid understanding of DNS, HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and the PDF format. I have built and worked on a number of tools working directly with low level protocols and implementing RFCs.
I have a lot of dev ops experience. I have installed, run, and maintained a number of productions servers over the years. I have not worked with serverless technologies (apart from AWS S3), preferring to use self-managed infrastructure.
I built and maintain the following Elixir libraries:
- elixir-pdf - generate PDF documents
- mailroom - Mail handling in Elixir (IMAP, POP3, SMTP)
- sham - A mock HTTP(S) server for testing HTTP(S) clients
- shorthand - Convenience macros for shorter maps
- trunk - A file attachment/storage library that works with Amazon S3
My current skillset is focussed on PostgreSQL, Elixir/OTP/Phoenix, and EmberJS with Tailwind